The meeting was called to order at 7:20PM.
Present were: Joan Darrin, Lynne Chevallier, Leslie Smith, Marsha Bustin, Stacie Lyons, Barb DuBois, Margaret Rich and Jenny Morgan.
The minutes from the April BOD meeting were reviewed. A motion to accept the minutes was made by Stacie Lyons, seconded by Leslie Smith and approved by the Board.
The Treasurer's report. Barb DuBois gave a summary of the treasurer's report. Barb also submitted a bill for $360, the balance due for our yearly website maintenance. A motion was made by Leslie Smith to pay the bill and approve the treasurer's report, seconded by Lynne Chevallier and approved by the Board.
- Membership: We have 101 adult members, 28 youth members, 1-3 year member, and 4 lifetime members.
- Youth Group: No report was given.
- Programs. A brief discussion was held on perhaps organizing a play day type event. If we could get enough interest, the Board was considering holding it in either September or October. The idea was tabled until the next meeting.
- Spring Horse Show. Margaret Rich gave a brief report. Nancy Goertzen, our show secretary, Jim Gift, Region Two's treasurer and Margaret had a meeting with George Chatney of the LAEC regarding next year's show. Different types of incentives to attract new exhibitors to come to "our" show was discussed and in addition, Margaret reported the we have confirmed 2 our judges for next year who are Susan Witte and Van Jacobsen.
- BBQ. A tentative date of July 14th has been selected for the club BBQ. More information will follow in the newsletter.
- Fall Horse Show. A horse show meeting will be held May 15th at 6:00 P.M. at the Pizza Factory (near Stater Bros Market at Margarita and Hwy79).
- Life Time Members. A discussion was held regarding lifetime members. A motion was made by Leslie Smith that the current 4 life member will not be invoiced for the RCAHA annual club dues, but new life memberships in will be invoiced for annual club dues. Seconded by by Marsha Bustin and approved by the board.
Board at 9:05 PM.
For Vandi Reeves, Club Secretary