The meeting was called to order at 7:25PM.
Present were: Beckey Downing, Joan Darrin, Lynne Chevallier, Leslie Smith, Marsha Buston, Stacie Lyons, Barb DuBois, Margaret Rich, Donny Downing and Jenny Morgan.
The minutes from the August BOD meeting were reviewed. A motion to accept the minutes was made by Joan Darrin, seconded by Leslie Smith and approved by the Board.
The treasurer’s report. Barb DuBois gave a summary of the treasurer’s report. After the report, there were several bills submitted for payment. We had a bill from the Arabian Horse Association for $150, the club’s ½ of a Youth Nationals sponsored jacket. (The other half of the jacket was sponsored by the ½ Arab club). Marsha submitted a bill for $30 for plastic containers she purchased for use at the BBQ. Barb submitted a bill for $8.10 for miscellaneous charges regarding the news letter. Joan submitted a bill for $24.20, overnight postal charges for art work for our club logo. A motion was made by Leslie Smith to pay the bill and approve the treasurer’s report, seconded by Stacie Lyons and approved by the Board.
- Membership: We have 103 adult members, 26 youth members, 2-3 year members, and 4 lifetime members and 4 associate members.
- Programs. The club is planning a one day event for October 6th. Club members are invited to attend a tour of the Horse Exhibition Display at Balboa Park. A bus is being chartered and the cost for each member to ride the bus to the exhibition will be $10, plus the fees for admission. More info to follow in the newsletter.
- Fall Horse Show. Margaret Rich gave a brief report. Since the show’s entrees have just closed, Margaret was unable to offer the Board the number of horse’s entered. Sponsorship of classes where coming in, but slowly! She asked everyone to ask people they knew for a sponsorship.
- Nominating Committee. Beckey Downing will be forming a nominating committee this month. She and the committee will be approaching club members to serve on next year’s Board. There are two seats available for 2013.
- Arabian Racing. Leslie informed the Board there will be Arabian Racing scheduled at the Los Angeles County Fair. More information is available on our website.
For Vandi Reeves, Club Secretary