BOD Meeting Minutes
February 5th, 2013
The meeting was called to order at 7:15pm
Present were: Margaret Rich, Beckey Downing, Anne York, Marsha Bustin, Jim Sutton, Debbie Moss, Lynne Chevalier, Leslie Smith, Vandi Reeves, Donnie Downing, and Victoria Hardesty
The minutes from the January BOD meeting were presented by Vandi Reeves. A motion to accept the minutes as read was made by Leslie Smith, seconded by Marsha Bustin and approved by the board.
The treasurer’s report was presented by Jim Sutton and accepted by the board.
1. A Membership report was given by Jenny Morgan. Rancho currently has 105 Adult members, 4-Lifetime members, 33-Youth members, 5-Three year members, and 4- Associate members. Ideas were discussed about how to increase membership numbers. A motion was made by Becky Downing to invest money into membership promotion, seconded by Anne York, and approved by the board.
2. A Horse Show report was given by Margaret Rich. Plans for the spring show are going well. Jackpot classes and big prizes are available. Early registration is encouraged.
3. A Program report was given by Debbie Moss. Our March 6th General Dinner Meeting guest speaker will be AHA Vice President, Nancy Harvey. She will be speaking on the current state of affairs of AHA.
1. Website: A motion was made by Debbie Moss to give website reconstruction responsibilities over to Vandi Reeves for a cost of under $400, seconded by Marsha Bustin, and approved by the board.
2. Youth: Krystal Malendez-Raiger will be RCAHA’s 2013 Youth Coordinator. Assistant Youth Coordinator will be Nicole Kontoff.
1. Horse Fair: Plans are going well for the horse fair to be hosted by RCAHA at Green Acres Ranch on April 21st. Vendor spaces are available for $25. This event is free to the public.
Early spring horse show sponsorship incentives include Top 3 prizes for the club members who bring in the most sponsorships. Early show sponsorships will receive an additional ticket to enter to win an ipad! So now is the time to get your sponsorships in!
The Horse Expo was a success! There was a good Arabian presence, especially the Arabian Racing industry. The expo had an overall great public turnout.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Vandi Reeves, seconded by Debbie Moss and approved by the Board at 8:41pm.