BOD Meeting Minutes
March 5th, 2013
The meeting was called to order at 7:12pm
Board members present were: Margaret Rich, Beckey Downing, Anne York, Marsha Bustin, Jim Sutton, Debbie Moss, Lynne Chevalier, Leslie Smith, and Vandi Reeves.(no absences) Committee members present were: Joan Darrin, Barb DuBois, Jenny Morgan, Kathy Callahan-Smith, and Donnie Downing, Guests present were: Denise Nelson-Finster, and Kevin Finster.
The minutes from the February BOD meeting were presented by Vandi Reeves. A motion to accept the minutes as read was made by Leslie Smith, seconded by Beckey Downing and approved by the board.
The treasurer’s report was presented by Jim Sutton and accepted by the board.
1. A Membership report was given by Jenny Morgan. Rancho currently has 103 Adult members, 4-Lifetime members, 37-Youth members, 6-Three year members, and 0-Associate members. For a total of 113 members. RCAHA is looking for new members (not active in AHA for the last 24 months) to qualify for an AHA incentive that will provide a free delegate registration to top clubs. One of the ways RCAHA is encouraging membership is through a $500 member scholarship program. Nominations are being accepted for RCAHA free 1-year membership incentive program.
2. Youth Coordinator Kristal Raiger has rejuvenated the youth program with new programs like community service through horses. Contact her to get involved in local charity events.
3. A Spring Horse Show report was given by Margaret Rich. Plans for the spring show are going well. Jackpot classes and big prizes are available. Early registration is encouraged. The club will be focusing on obtaining sponsorships. Denise Nelson-Finster spoke to our BOD regarding the scheduling for the dressage portion of the show, hoping to make it flow like an open dressage show would. Margaret is looking into the possibility of changing it in time for this year’s show.
4. A Program report was given by Debbie Moss. Plans for the next general dinner meeting are in the works and guest speakers that are being lined up for future programs include Janet Worts.
5. Horse Fair “Horses Head to Hoof” was reported on by the Horse Fair Committee. Plans are going well for the April 21st Horse Fair. We are still looking for vendors and Arabian demo riders. We are in need of some volunteers and silent auction donations.
1. Website: The website is in the process of being re-done. A motion was made by Leslie Smith to reimburse Vandi Reeves $541.92 for website transfer and maintenance for 3 years and email service for 1 year, seconded by Anne York, and approved by the board.
Congratulations to RCAHA youth member Ryan Melendez on his recognition as APHA Working Western Youth of the Year.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Vandi Reeves, seconded by Debbie Moss and approved by the Board at 9:15pm.