BOD Meeting Minutes
June 4th, 2013
The meeting was called to order at 7:09pm
Board members present were: Margaret Rich, Beckey Downing, Anne York, Jim Sutton, Marsha Bustin, Debbie Moss, Lynne Chevalier, Leslie Smith, and Vandi Reeves. No Absences
Committee members present were: Barb DuBois, Jenny Morgan, Joan Darrin, and Donnie Downing.
The minutes from the May BOD meeting were presented by Vandi Reeves. A motion to accept the minutes was made by Anne York, seconded by Debbie Moss and approved by the board.
The treasurer’s report was presented by Jim Sutton and accepted by the board.
- A Membership report was given by Jenny Morgan. Rancho currently has 100-adult members, 9-three year members, 4-lifetime members, 37-youth members, and 0-Associate members. For a total of 150 members. RCAHA is wrapping up final selections of the recipients for the RCAHA membership scholarships. We are looking for 5 more adults and 8 more youths to receive a club membership. All membership forms are due to Jenny Morgan by June 20th.
- Spring Horse Show: RCAHA and AHASJV representatives met to discuss the 2013 and 2014 spring horse shows. Because of this years success while hosting the Region II Sport Horse Championships with our spring show, a decision has been made (pending a regional vote) to continue this arrangement next year.
- Fall Horse Show: Plans are rolling along. We are currently in the process of hiring judges and the Fall Show Committee will be meeting at 6:00pm on Tuesday, June 25th at Green Acres Ranch.
- A Program report was given by Debbie Moss. Plans for the next general dinner meeting feature Lou Roper who will speak about Arabian trail June 12th at Richie’s Diner in Murrieta. We will also hear speeches from those running for club delegate.. We are looking for a speaker for the October dinner meeting. Please call Debbie Moss if you know someone you would like to hear speak.
- BBQ: This years BBQ will be held on July 13th at Green Acres Ranch where the club will be voting on our delegates. A BBQ committee was formed and includes: Margaret Rich, Marsha Bustin, Joan Darrin, Leslie Smith, Anne York, and Lynne Chevalier.
- The board has voted that delegate intent to run letters will be accepted as late as June 30th. Letters must be submitted to the club PO Box or by email to DSAGEHEN@aol.com.
- Beckey Downing presented an email to our club that she received from the AHA Amateur Committee Chair. The BOD reviewed and accepted the “APAHA Preamble to Promote the Health and Wellbeing of our Arabian Breed”. RCAHA is in full support of this movement and encourage members to follow AHA’s code of ethics and report any abuse they see to the proper officials.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Leslie Smith, seconded by Beckey Downing and approved by the Board at 8:48pm.