BOD Meeting Minutes
September 3rd, 2013
The meeting was called to order at 7:09pm
Board members present were: Margaret Rich, Lynne Chevallier, Anne York, Jim Sutton, Marsha Bustin, Debbie Moss, Leslie Smith, and Vandi Reeves. Absent were: Beckey Downing
Committee members present were: Joan Darrin, Barb DuBois, and Jenny Morgan.
The minutes from the August BOD meeting were presented by Vandi Reeves. A motion to accept the minutes was made by Leslie Smith, seconded by Anne York and approved by the board.
The treasurer’s report was presented by Jim Sutton and accepted by the board.
- A Membership report was given by Jenny Morgan. Rancho currently has 107- regular members, 9-three year members, 4-lifetime members, and 0-Associate members. Making 120 adult and 36-youth members. For a total of 156 members.
- A Spring Horse Show report was presented by Margaret Rich. Discussions have been started with Tierra Del Norte regarding the prospect of joining forces with RCAHA and SJV for next years spring show.
- A Fall Horse Show report was presented by Margaret Rich. The shows judges, EMT, and staff have been hired and now the show committee is looking for volunteers and sponsorships to help make the fall show a success.
- A Program report was given by Debbie Moss. Plans for the next general dinner meeting feature Carolyn Hock who will speak about endurance riding on October 9th at Richie’s Diner in Murrieta.
- RCAHA bylaws will now be posted on our website at www.RCAHA.com. Also, E-blasts are now available to our members who would like to send a message or promotion to RCAHA’s mailing list of over 150 local horse people in your area. E-Blasts will be $20 per emailing for plain text or must be camera ready in PDF format.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Debbie Moss, seconded by Jim Sutton and approved by the Board at 8:18pm.