BOD Meeting Minutes
October 1st, 2013
The meeting was called to order at 7:10 pm
Board members present were: Margaret Rich, Jim Sutton, Beckey Downing, Marsha Bustin, Lynne Chevallier, Debbie Moss, Leslie Smith, and Vandi Reeves. Absent were: Anne York
Committee members present were: Donnie Downing, Barb DuBois, and Jenny Morgan.
The minutes from the August BOD meeting were presented by Vandi Reeves. A motion to accept the minutes as amended, to include Lynne Chevallier as present at the August BOD meeting, was made by Beckey Downing, seconded by Leslie Smith and approved by the board.
The treasurer’s report was presented by Jim Sutton and accepted by the board.
- A Membership report was given by Jenny Morgan. Rancho currently has 106- regular adult members, 9-three year members, 4-lifetime members, and 1-Associate member. Making 119 adult members and 31-youth members. For a total of 150 members.
- A Youth Report was given by Margaret Rich. RCAHA is discussing plans for pumping up the youth program for next year. If you are interested in volunteering as a youth coordinator please let the BOD know.
- A Fall Horse Show report was presented by Margaret Rich. The fall show was a success. Thank you to all the volunteers and participants. Rancho is discussing possibly hosting a full day of open reining and dressage classes at next years show.
- A Spring Horse Show report was presented by Margaret Rich. The next spring show committee meeting will be held at 5:00pm at Richies Dinner in Murrietta preceding the General Dinner Meeting.
- A Program report was given by Debbie Moss. Plans for the next general dinner meeting feature Carolyn Hock who will speak about endurance riding on October 9th at Richie’s Diner in Murrieta.
- RCAHA will be forming a holiday party committee to look into the possible dates and location of this years christmas party.
- Barb Dubois has beautifully finished updating and publishing the Region One Arabian Horse Association membership directories. They are available for pick up from each club. Rancho members can pick up their directory at the next general dinner meeting and christmas party.
- Minute Man (our newsletter printer) is under new ownership. RCAHA is looking into their new price list for future newsletter printing.
- Green Acres is hosting a tack sale on November 16th. Save the date and clean out your tack room. Contact Marsha@GreenAcresRanchInc.com for more information.
- Green Acres is hosting an Arabian Community Horse Show on October 27th. More information is available on the RCAHA and Green Acres websites.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Leslie Smith, seconded by Beckey Downing and approved by the Board at 8:34pm.