BOD Meeting Minutes
November 5th , 2013
The meeting was called to order at 7:15 pm
Board members present were: Margaret Rich, Anne York, Vandi Reeves, Jim Sutton, Beckey Downing, Marsha Bustin, Lynne Chevallier, Debra Moss, and Leslie Smith With No Absences
Committee members present were: Jenny Morgan, Barb DuBois, and Donnie Downing.
The October Minutes were NOT presented at this meeting, but will be presented at the next BOD meeting.
The treasurer’s report was presented by Jim Sutton and accepted as amended by the board. Plans were made to discuss the 2014 budget at the December BOD meeting.
- A Membership report was given by Jenny Morgan. Rancho currently has 107- regular adult members, 9-three year members, 4-lifetime members, and 1-Associate member. Making 120 adult members and 32-youth members. For a total of 152 members. We are looking for more youth members deserving of a club sponsored membership through RCAHA’s membership program.
- A Youth Report was given by Margaret Rich. RCAHA is still looking for a youth coordinator. We will be contacting prospective leaders this week. If you are interested in volunteering as a youth coordinator please let the BOD know.
- A Fall Horse Show report was presented by Margaret Rich. There were over 60 horses in attendance. A financial report was given and the show made a profit. RCAHA is still collecting outstanding sponsorship payments. Plans for next years show include joining forces with fellow horse club Tierra Del Norte in order to grow our show as well as hopefully adding cow horse and more dressage classes.
- A Spring Horse Show report was presented by Margaret Rich. The tentative dates for the 2014 Spring show have ben set for March 21st - 24th. The class list is in the beginning stages of being finalized and there are talks about adding working cow classes. The next spring show committee meeting will be held Saturday November 16th at 3:00pm at Green Acres Ranch.
- A Program report was given by Debbie Moss. The date for the christmas party has been set for December 14th at 6:00pm to be held at Green Acres Ranch in Temecula. We will be voting on new Board of Director members for 2014. It will be pot-luck style. The cost of the party will be $5 for members and $10 for non members. We are currently looking for donations for the raffle.
- A nominating committee has been formed and included Barb Dubois and Debbie Moss. The current nominations for the 2014 BOD to be voted on at the Christmas Party are as follows: Running for President is Margaret Rich, Vice President is Leslie Smith, for Treasurer is Jim Sutton, for Secretary is Vandi Reeves, for Director is Anne York, for Director is Lynne Chevallier.
- The mailing date of the newsletter has been changed from the 1st of the month to the 15th.
- Delegates will be going to convention this mongh.
- We are still looking for deserving horse lovers to join rancho through our membership fund.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Leslie Smith, seconded by Beckey Downing and approved by the Board at 8:28pm.