BOD Meeting Minutes
January 7th, 2014
The meeting was called to order at 7:02pm
Board members present were: Margaret Rich, Leslie Smith, Jim Sutton, Vandi Reeves, Anne York, Marsha Bustin, Debra Moss, Bill Malendez and Beckey Downing. With No Absences. Committee members present were: Barb Dubois, Jenny Morgan, and Donnie Downing.
The December Minutes were presented by Vandi Reeves. A motion to accept the minutes was made by Beckey Downing, seconded by Leslie Smith, and approved by the board.
The treasurer’s report was presented by Jim Sutton and accepted by the board. A proposed 2014 budget was presented to the board. A motion to accept the budget as amended, was made by Vandi Reeves, seconded by Anne York and approved by the budget committee and board. Budget amended to provide Rancho delegates the lower total of $2100 vs $2600. The ability to increase the number may be revisited after the March horse show.
- A Membership report was given by Jenny Morgan. Rancho currently has 99- regular adult members, 11-three year members, 4-lifetime members,. Making 114 adult members, 31-youth members and 1-Associate member. For a total of 146 members.
- Youth: We welcome Tamera Tozer-Wald as 2014 Youth Director. Assistant directors will be Kelsey Fhlor and Michelle Carlson. A Motion was made by Leslie Smith to give Tamera Tozer-Wald an associate RCAHA membership, seconded by Beckey Downing and approved by the board.
- Spring Horse Show: Plans are in the works for the Spring Horse Show. Final dates are being set for March. This year we will continue to run a concurrent show with AHASJV in Burbank at the LA Equestrian Center.
- Fall Horse Show: This years fall horse show will actually be three horse shows at once. RCAHA is teaming up with two other clubs. In addition to our regular Arabian classes, we will offer open classes in both dressage and working western. Final dates are being set at Galway Downs in Temecula.
- Programs: The dates for this years events and programs were tentatively set for 2014. February 4th- general dinner meeting, March - spring horse show, April 13th- Horses, Head to Hoof, May 20th - general dinner meeting, July 12th - BBQ, September - Fall Show, October 1st- general dinner meeting, December 13th - Christmas Party. Dinner meetings will be held at Richies Diner in Murrieta. Starting in March, BOD meetings will be held at 7pm on the 1st Wednesday of each month at Green Acres Ranch in Temecula.
RCAHA received a Certificate of Participation for the AHA Club Excellence Awards. It was given to Barb DuBois for safe keeping.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Leslie Smith, seconded by Beckey Downing and approved by the board at 9:13pm