BOD Meeting Minutes
February 5th, 2014
The meeting was called to order at 5:45pm
Board members present were: Leslie Smith, Jim Sutton, Vandi Reeves, Marsha Bustin, Debra Moss, Bill Malendez and Beckey Downing. Absent Were. Margaret Rich, Anne York
Committee members present were: Barb Dubois, Jenny Morgan, Donnie Downing, Joan Darrin, Victoria Hardesty-Naquin, Guests Present Were: Janie Sutton and Mike Naquin.
The January Minutes were presented by Vandi Reeves. A motion to accept the minutes was made by Debbie Moss, seconded by Marsha Bustin, and approved by the board.
The treasurer’s report was presented by Jim Sutton and accepted by the board. Vandi Reeves provided Jim with a bill for the RCAHA e-blast email program. As this item was previously budgeted, no BOD vote was required for reimbursement.
- A Membership report was given by Jenny Morgan. Rancho currently has 91-1yr regular adult members, 12-three year members, 4-lifetime members,. Making 108 adult members, 31-youth members and 1-Associate member. For a total of 140 members.
- Youth: The youth will present a presentation at the February general dinner meeting. Exciting programs including a judging contest will be available to RCAHA and Region One youth this year.
- Spring Horse Show: Final dates of March 21st-23rd (24th) have been set for March. This year we will continue to run a concurrent show with AHASJV in Burbank at the LA Equestrian Center and Mar 24th will be the Reg. 2 Sporthorse Championships. There will be seven high-point awards of $500 each available at this years Spring Show. RCAHA is still looking for volunteers and sponsors.
- Fall Horse Show: Final dates have been set for September 12th-14th at Galway Downs in Temecula.
- Programs: The first program of the year will be held at Richies Diner in Murrieta immediately following this meeting. The RCAHA youth will also be presenting a presentation for the club, and the speaker will be Tami Pacho speaking about the new youth judging competition to be held at the Region One Championships this year. We are looking for more guest speakers for this years general dinner meetings. Please email your suggestions to Debbie Moss at DebraGMoss@msn.com.
Horses Head to Hoof: We are looking for volunteers, vendors, and demo riders for this years Horses Head to Hoof All Breed Horse Fair to be held on April 13th. We are also in need of donations for the raffle. For more information please contact Anne York at 951-662-2928 (vendors) or Beckey Downing at 951-763-1534 (demo riders).
ACS Arabian Community Show: Green Acres will be hosting two ACS shows this year. To be held April 27th and October 26th. Please contact Marsha Bustin for more information 951-285-1426.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Beckey Downing, seconded by Debbie Moss and approved by the board at 6:34pm