BOD Meeting Minutes
March 5th, 2014
The meeting was called to order at 7:23pm
Board members present were: Margaret Rich, Leslie Smith, Jim Sutton, Vandi Reeves, Marsha Bustin, Anne York, Debra Moss, Bill Melendez and Beckey Downing. No Absences
Committee members present were: Barb Dubois, Jenny Morgan, Donnie Downing, Joan Darrin, Guests Present Were: Janie Sutton
The February Minutes were presented by Vandi Reeves. A motion to accept the minutes as amended was made by Leslie Smith, seconded by Anne York, and approved by the board.
The treasurer’s report was presented by Jim Sutton and accepted by the board. A motion was made to by Beckey Downing, and seconded by Bill Melendez, to file the February report for audit.
- A Membership report was given by Jenny Morgan. Rancho currently has 94-1yr regular adult members, 16-three year members, 4-lifetime members,. Making 114 adult members, 33-youth members and 1-Associate member. For a total of 148 members.
- Youth: RCAHA is looking into starting a youth judging team to possibly compete at Region One’s 2014 Youth Judging Contest.
- Spring Horse Show: Entries are coming in and final plans are in the works for this years spring show. This year we will continue to run a concurrent show with AHASJV in Burbank at the LA Equestrian Center and Mar 24th will be the Reg. 2 Sporthorse Championships. RCAHA is still looking for volunteers and sponsors.
- Fall Horse Show: Final dates have been set for September 12th-14th at Galway Downs in Temecula.
- Programs: We are looking for more guest speakers for this years general dinner meetings. Please email your suggestions to Debbie Moss at DebraGMoss@msn.com. The May BOD meeting has been combined with the general dinner meeting on May 6th.
Horses Head to Hoof: We are looking for volunteers, vendors, and demo riders for this years Horses Head to Hoof All Breed Horse Fair to be held on April 13th. We are also in need of donations for the raffle. For more information please contact Anne York at 951-662-2928 (vendors) or Beckey Downing at 951-763-1534 (demo riders).
ACS Arabian Community Show: Green Acres will be hosting two ACS shows this year. To be held April 27th and October 26th. Please contact Marsha Bustin for more information 951-285-1426.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Leslie Smith, seconded by Beckey Downing and approved by the board at 8:35pm