BOD Meeting Minutes
May 14th, 2014
The meeting was called to order at 7:06pm
Board members present were: President: Margaret Rich, Vice President: Leslie Smith, Treasurer: Jim Sutton, Secretary: Vandi Reeves, Director: Marsha Bustin, Director: Anne York, Director: Bill Melendez, Past President: Beckey Downing
Absent: Director: Debbie Moss, Committee members present: Jenny Morgan
The April Minutes were tabled for further review at the next June BOD meeting.
The treasurer’s report was presented by Jim Sutton and accepted by the board. The Federal and State taxes have been filed for 2013 (as a 501c) at the cost of a $10 filing fee.
- A Membership report was given by Jenny Morgan. Rancho currently has 96-1yr regular adult members, 20-three year members, 4-lifetime members,. Making 120 adult voting members, 33-youth members and 1-Associate member. For a total of 152 members. AHA is having another membership drive. Everyone should be diligent in searching out new members. Non club affiliated AHA members can join RCAHA for only $15 ($5 for youths!).
- Youth: RCAHA youth raised over $100 selling popcorn at the Horses Head to Hoof event.
- Spring Horse Show: The show made a nice profit that will help to boost exhibitor activities next year. A discussion was made about adding a free halter class for exhibitors that are already entered at the show in other classes. We are also entertaining ideas for exhibitor incentives for next years show.
- Fall Horse Show: Final dates have been set for September 12th-14th at Galway Downs in Temecula. The first committee meeting will be held at Aztec Tacos on May 24th at 6pm. There will be three days of cow classes added through our new partnership with SCRCHA. We are still looking for volunteers and vendors. Beckey Downing has been approved by the Board as the new Fall Show Treasurer.
- Programs: We are looking forward to hearing Bill Melendez speak at our next general dinner meeting on October 2nd. For more dinner meeting information please contact Debbie Moss at DebraGMoss@msn.com.
- July BBQ: The date has been set for July 12th. Plans are in the works for this years BBQ. Convention Delegates letters of intent are due to Margaret Rich by May 28th, as Delegates will be voted for by membership at the BBQ.
A big thank you to all of RCAHA’s wonderful volunteers. RCAHA appreciates all of the hard work and dedication it receives from all of its hard working volunteers!
ACS Arabian Community Show: Green Acres first ACS show was a success! The next G.A. ACS Horse Show is to be held October 26th. Please contact Marsha Bustin for more information 951-285-1426.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Beckey Downing, seconded by Marsha Bustin and approved by the board at 8:35pm