BOD Meeting Minutes
June 4th, 2014
The meeting was called to order at 7:04pm
Board members present were: President: Margaret Rich, Vice President: Leslie Smith, Treasurer: Jim Sutton, Secretary: Vandi Reeves, Director: Marsha Bustin, Director: Anne York, Director: Debbie Moss, Director: Bill Melendez, Past President: Beckey Downing
no absences. committee members present were: Barb DuBois, Jenny Morgan, Donnie Downing, and Janie Sutton. guests present were: Mike Moore
The April and May Minutes were presented by Vandi Reeves.
A motion was made by Leslie Smith to accept the April Minutes as amended to fix an error saying Barb Dubois had resigned as Show Treasurer, Seconded by Anne York and approved by the board. A second motion was made by Leslie Smith to amend the April Minutes to specify dates clarifying Barbs resignation, seconded by Beckey Downing and approved by the board.
A motion was made by Leslie Smith to accept the May Minutes as amended to reflect Beckey Downing as the new Fall Show Treasurer, seconded by Marsha Bustin, and approved by the board.
The treasurer’s report was presented by Jim Sutton and accepted by the board and filed for audit.
- A Membership report was given by Jenny Morgan. Rancho currently has 87 - 1yr regular adult members (-9), 21-three year members (+1), and 4-lifetime members, Making 112 adult voting members, 29-youth members (-4) and 1-Associate member. For a total of 142 members. AHA is having another membership drive. Everyone should be diligent in searching out new members. Non club affiliated AHA members can join RCAHA for only $15 ($5 for youths!).
- Youth: Some of our youth enjoyed competing at the Region I Youth Judging Competition which encourages RCAHA to expand their youth activities. Bridgette Garrett has volunteered to be the new RCAHA youth director and coordinator. Pending director approval, the Youth will be hosting the Ice Cream Social at the Fall Horse Show.
- Fall Horse Show: Final dates have been set for September 12th-14th at Galway Downs in Temecula. one of the judges will be Gretchen McDaniel. This years show will include halter classes (free halter class when horse is entered in a performance class). Fun classes will be added at the end of each session. There will be a progressive barn party. There will be dressage, sport horse, ranch pleasure, three days of cow classes (added through our new show partnership with SCRCHA). Class sponsors will be entered to win a GoPro Camera. We are still looking for volunteers and vendors.
- Spring Horse Show: Leslie Smith gave a horse show report. Finances are wrapping up and the Spring Show made a nice profit.
- Programs: We are looking forward to hearing Bill Melendez speak at our next general dinner meeting on October 2nd. For more dinner meeting information please contact Debbie Moss at DebraGMoss@msn.com.
- Trail Ride: The trail ride has been cancelled this year do to a busy RCAHA schedule and not enough volunteers.
- July BBQ: The date has been set for July 12th. A planning committee has been formed to include Marsha Bustin, Debbie Moss, Janie Sutton, Leslie Smith, Anne York, and Vandi Reeves. Anne will design a flyer for the newsletter. Delegates will be voted for by membership at the BBQ.
- Christmas Party: Glen Oaks has been tentatively reserved for December 13th.
A motion was made by Leslie Smith to donate $250 or 10% of the Fall Show net proceeds (whichever is greater) to the WAVES Project Incorporated for wounded American veterans, seconded by Beckey Downing, and approved by the board.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Bill Melendez, seconded by Marsha Bustin and approved by the board at 8:35pm.