BOD Meeting Minutes
July 2nd, 2014
The meeting was called to order at 7:08pm
Board members present were: President: Margaret Rich, Vice President: Leslie Smith, Treasurer: Jim Sutton, Secretary: Vandi Reeves, Director: Debbie Moss, Director: Bill Melendez, Past President: Beckey Downing
Absences were: Director: Marsha Bustin, and Director: Anne York. committee members present were: Barb DuBois, Jenny Morgan.
The June Minutes were presented by Vandi Reeves. A motion was made by Leslie Smith to accept the minutes as amended, seconded by Bill Melendez and approved by the board.
The treasurer’s report was presented by Jim Sutton, accepted by the board and filed for audit.
- A Membership report was given by Jenny Morgan. Rancho currently has 89 - 1yr regular adult members (+2), 21-three year members, and 4-lifetime members, Making 114 adult voting members, 29-youth members and 1-Associate member. For a total of 142 members. AHA is having another membership drive. Everyone should be diligent in searching out new members. Non club affiliated AHA members can join Rancho for only $15 ($5 for youths!).
- Youth: Bridgette Garrett has resigned as youth director and has passed the reins over to Vandi Reeves to take on the youth director and coordinator position. The first youth meeting will be held August 6th at 5pm at Green Acres Ranch. The Youth will be hosting the Ice Cream Social at the Fall Horse Show.
- Fall Horse Show: Final dates have been set for September 12th-14th at Galway Downs in Temecula. one of the judges will be Gretchen McDaniel and another will be Anne Howard (dressage and sport horse). This years show will include halter classes, fun classes, a progressive barn party and an ice-cream social. There will be dressage, sport horse, ranch pleasure, and three days of cow classes (added through our new show partnership with SCRCHA). Class sponsors will be entered to win a GoPro Camera. We are still looking for volunteers, sponsors and vendors!
- Spring Horse Show: A final report for the Spring Show will be ready next week. Tentative dates for next years show will be Thursday - Sunday, March 19th-22th.
- Programs: Upcoming events include the annual BBQ to be held July 12th at Green Acres and the annual christmas party to be tentatively held December 13th at Glen Oaks. We are looking forward to hearing Bill Melendez speak at our next general dinner meeting on October 2nd. For more dinner meeting information please contact Debbie Moss at DebraGMoss@msn.com.
- July BBQ: The date has been set for July 12th 5:30-9pm. The Waves project will be having a table at our RCAHA BBQ to promote their program as well as receive a letter of intent from Rancho stating the fall show intends to donate $200 or 10% of the Fall Show profits (whichever is higher) to their cause.
- A motion was made by Leslie Smith for Rancho to sponsor up to $300 for a Youth Nationals Horse Show Jacket. The motion was seconded by Debbie Moss and approved by the board.
- RCAHA is looking into purchasing a used shipping storage container that we would use to store our many club items.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Debbie Moss, seconded by Vandi Reeves and approved by the board at 8:12pm.