BOD Meeting Minutes
August 6th, 2014
The meeting was called to order at 7:10pm
Board members present were: President: Margaret Rich, Vice President: Leslie Smith, Treasurer: Jim Sutton, Secretary: Vandi Reeves, Director: Marsha Bustin, Director: Debbie Moss, Past President: Beckey Downing
Absences were: Director: Bill Melendez, and Director: Anne York. committee members present were: Barb DuBois
The July Minutes were presented by Vandi Reeves. A motion was made by Leslie Smith to accept the minutes as amended, seconded by Debbie Moss and approved by the board.
The treasurer’s report was presented by Jim Sutton, accepted by the board and filed for audit.
- A Membership report was given by Barb Dubois. Rancho currently has 83-1yr regular adult members (-6), 22-three year members (+1) , and 4-lifetime members, Making 109 adult voting members, 30-youth members (+1) and 1-Associate member. For a total of 140 members. AHA is having another membership drive. Everyone should be diligent in searching out new members. Non club affiliated AHA members can join Rancho for only $15 ($5 for youths!).
- Youth: The next youth meeting will be held September 3rd at 5pm at Green Acres Ranch. The Youth are currently fundraising to work toward a RCAHA group trail ride on the beach. Look for their booth at the upcoming Fall Horse Show. They will also be hosting the Ice Cream Social at the Fall Horse Show.
- Fall Horse Show: Final dates have been set for September 12th-14th at Galway Downs in Temecula. This years show will include a number of exhibitor friendly activities as well as a diverse class list. including three days of cow classes (added through our new show partnership with SCRCHA). Class sponsors will be entered to win a GoPro Camera. We are still looking for volunteers, sponsors and vendors!
- Spring Horse Show: Tentative dates for next years show will be Thursday - Sunday, March 19th-22th. Judges will be Donnie Bullock and Steve Lebleing.
- Programs: We are looking forward to hearing Bill Melendez speak at our next general dinner meeting on October 2nd. For more dinner meeting information please contact Debbie Moss at DebraGMoss@msn.com. The RCAHA annual christmas party is to be held December 13th at Glen Oaks.
- RCAHA is looking into purchasing a used shipping storage container that we would use to store our many club items.
- The president (Margaret Rich) has formed a nominating committee who will nominate candidates for the 2015 club Board of Directors positions. The formed committee will include: Marsha Bustin, Barb Dubois, and pending her acceptance of the role Joan Darrin.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Leslie Smith, seconded by Jim Sutton and approved by the board at 8:14pm.