BOD Meeting Minutes
September 3rd, 2014
The meeting was called to order at 7:06pm
Board members present were: President: Margaret Rich, Vice President: Leslie Smith, Treasurer: Jim Sutton, Secretary: Vandi Reeves, Director: Marsha Bustin, Director: Debbie Moss, Past President: Beckey Downing
Absences were: Director: Bill Melendez, and Director: Anne York. committee members present were: Barb DuBois, Jenny Morgan, Joan Darrin, and Donnie Downing
The August Minutes were presented by Vandi Reeves. A motion was made by Leslie Smith to accept the minutes, seconded by Beckey Downing and approved by the board
The treasurer’s report was presented by Jim Sutton, accepted by the board as corrected and filed for audit.
- A Membership report was given by Jenny Morgan. Rancho currently has 84-1yr regular adult members (+1), 23-three year members (+1) , and 4-lifetime members, Making 111 adult voting members, 29-youth members (-1) and 2-Associate members. For a total of 142 members. AHA is having another membership drive. Everyone should be diligent in searching out new members. Non club affiliated AHA members can join Rancho for only $15 ($5 for youths!).
- Newsletter: A discussion was made about switching to a digital newsletter (via email) as early as January of 2015.
- Youth: The youth had a great meeting on Sept 3rd. Plans to form a judging team are coming along nicely. The Youth are currently fundraising to work toward a RCAHA group trail ride on the beach. Look for their fundraising booth at the upcoming Fall Horse Show. They will also be hosting the Ice Cream Social at the Fall Horse Show.
- Fall Horse Show: This years show will include a number of exhibitor friendly activities as well as a diverse class list. including three days of cow classes (added through our new show partnership with SCRCHA). Class sponsors will be entered to win a GoPro Camera.
- Spring Horse Show: Tentative dates for next years show will be Thursday - Sunday, March 19th-22nd. Judges will be Donnie Bullock and Steve Lebleing.
- Programs: We are looking forward to hearing Bill Melendez speak at our next general dinner meeting on October 2nd. For more dinner meeting information please contact Debbie Moss at DebraGMoss@msn.com. The RCAHA annual christmas party is to be held December 13th at Glen Oaks.
- Nominating Committee: Current nominating suggestions for the 2015 BOD Candidates were presented by the nominating committee and they include the following: OFFICERS: President: Leslie Smith, Vice President: Bill Melendez, Secretary: Vandi Reeves, Treasurer: Jim Sutton. DIRECTORS: Anne York (1 yr remaining), Bill Melendez (1 yr remaining, replace with 1 year vote position), Debra Moss (incumbent, new vote), Faye Hall (2 yr, new vote), and Lynne Chevallier.
- RCAHA purchased a used shipping storage container that we will use to store our many club items. Jim Sutton is looking into suitable shelving units to outfit the container with.
- As per our bylaws, Board of Directors absences from meetings must be excused by the president before the start of the meeting.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Leslie Smith, seconded by Marsha Bustin and approved by the board at 8:30pm.