BOD Meeting Minutes
October 7th, 2015
The meeting was called to order at 7:08pm
Board members present were: President: Leslie Smith, Vice President: Bill Melendez, Treasurer Jim Sutton, Secretary: Vandi Reeves, Directors: Debbie Moss, Faye Hall, Anne York and Katherine Rich-Elzig, Delegate Kathy Calahan-Smith and Past President: Margaret Rich.
The September Minutes were presented by Anne York. A motion was made by Faye Hall to accept the minutes as corrected, seconded by Debbie Moss and approved by the board.
The treasurers report was presented by Jim Sutton, accepted by the board and filed for audit.
- Membership: RCAHA currently has 26-three year, 83-one year, and 4 lifetime members for a total of 113 adult voting members, 2 associate members, and 19 youth members.
- Youth: The RCAHA youth club hosted a fundraising booth at the Fall Horse Show. The youth sold popcorn, rain poncho’s, and hosted a silent auction and made a small profit.
- Fall Horse Show/HH2H: A fall horse show report was presented by Margaret Rich and Katherine Rich-Elzig. Final financial figures are still being tabulated but the event made a small profit. The exhibitors were accommodating in spite of the rain and the sponsorship prize GoPro Camera was won by Paul Bien.
- A Spring Horse Show report was given by Margaret Rich. We are currently waiting to hear back from AHA regarding the approval of our Spring Show dates: March 24th - 27th, 2016. One of the judges has been confirmed and it will be Margie Becker.
- Newsletter: Please send your show results & photo’s (bragging rights) to Victoria Hardesty at email@example.com
1. We will be forming a Nominating Committee to create a slate for the 2016 board election December 12th, 2015. If you would like to be on the committee please contact Leslie Smith at (951)767-0282 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The Christmas Party will be held on December 12, 2015. Location TBA. To join the Christmas Party Committee, please contact Leslie Smith.
3. A discussion was made about how to come up with new ways to promote the Arabian breed and the horse shows and activities associated with Arabians.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Faye Hall, seconded by Margaret Rich and approved by the board at 8:00pm.
Vandi Reeves (RCAHA Secretary)