BOD Meeting Minutes
November 11th, 2015
The meeting was called to order at 7:07pm
Board members present were: President: Leslie Smith, Treasurer Jim Sutton, Secretary: Vandi Reeves, Directors: Debbie Moss, Faye Hall, and Katherine Rich-Elzig, Past President: Margaret Rich and Delegate: Kathy Callahan-Smith. Guest present were: Lynne Chevallier Absent were: Vice President: Bill Melendez, and Director: Anne York.
The September Minutes were presented by Vandi Reeves. A motion was made by Margaret Rich to accept the minutes as corrected, seconded by Debbie Moss and approved by the board.
The treasurers report was presented by Jim Sutton, accepted by the board and filed for audit. All of the money in the Fall Show account, except for $2,500 seed money for next years show, has been transferred to the general account.
- Membership: RCAHA currently has 27-three year (+1), 86-one year (+3), and 4 lifetime members for a total of 117 adult voting members, 2 associate members, and 17 youth members (-2).
- Youth: Youth meetings will begin again after December 1st.
- A Spring Horse Show report was given by Margaret Rich. The show will be held on March 24th - 27th, 2016. We are currently finalizing the premium list. It will include at least one day of indoor trail classes.
- Newsletter: Please send your show results & photo’s (bragging rights) to Victoria Hardesty at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christmas Party: We were unable to finalize our date at the Glen Oaks Community Center. The RCAHA christmas party will now be combined with the Green Acres christmas party on December 13th from 5pm-8pm. Last names A-Q please bring a dessert. Last names R-Z please bring an appetizer.
- AHA Convention: The board reviewed the 2015 resolutions with our attending RCAHA delegates Leslie Smith and Kathy Callahan-Smith.
- A motion was made by Margaret Rich to donate the money that was originally given to Bill Melendez for delegate expenses to the Ryan Warriors fund since Bill will be unable to attend convention this year, the motion was seconded by Faye Hall and approved by the board.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Debbie Moss, seconded by Kathy Calahan-Smith and approved by the board at 9:05pm.