BOD Meeting Minutes
December 1st, 2015
The meeting was called to order at 7:03pm
Board members present were: President: Leslie Smith, Vice President: Bill Melendez, Treasurer: Jim Sutton, Secretary: Vandi Reeves, Director: Katherine Rich-Elzig, and Delegate: Kathy Callahan-Smith. Absent were: Directors: Anne York, Debbie Moss, Faye Hall, and Past President: Margaret Rich.
The October Minutes were presented by Vandi Reeves. A motion was made by Bill Melendez to accept the minutes as corrected, seconded by Jim Sutton and approved by the board.
Treasurers Report: There is no treasurers report this month because it is too early in the month for Jim to have the monthly bank statements.
- Membership: RCAHA currently has 27-three year, 85-one year (-1), and 4 lifetime members for a total of 118 adult voting members, 2 associate members, and 17 youth members.
- A Spring Horse Show report was given by Leslie Smith and Katherine Rich-Elzig. The show will be held on March 24th - 27th, 2016 at the LA Equestrian Center in Burbank. The show will include at least one day of indoor trail classes.
- Christmas Party: RCAHA Christmas party will be held at Green Acres Ranch from 5pm-8pm on December 13th, 2015
- Newsletter: Please send your show results & photo’s to Victoria Hardesty at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Ryan Melendez Benefit Trail Clinic on Nov. 28th was very well attended and excellently run. Bill Melendez and his family would like to thank everyone for their generous support. The event raised around $5,000 to benefit Ryan Melendez and his family.
- AHA Convention: Leslie reported that donations were given on the floor and AHDF raised $27,000 and AHF raised $5,600 at the AHA 2015 convention. The resolutions and results were discussed with the board. The resolution results can be viewed on the AHA website online at arabianhorses.org.
- Board & Delegate Elections will take place at the Christmas Party on Dec 13th.
1. Mackenzie Wayne of Murrieta is the new Region 1 Youth Director.
A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Bill Melendez, seconded by Jim Sutton and approved by the board at 8:28pm.