November 8, 2017
The meeting was called to order at 7:08pm by President, Debbie Moss.
Present were President Debbie Moss, Treasurer Shannon Gowey, Secretary Leslie Smith, Directors: Lynne Chevallier, Joyce Alford, Diana Bein and Margaret Rich. Delegate Kathy Callahan-Smith. Excused, Vice-President Katherine Rich-Elzig Unexcused: Past President Bill Melendez.
The Minutes of the October meeting were read by Leslie Smith. A motion to accept the minutes as amended was made by Joyce Alford, seconded by Shannon Gowey and approved by the Board.
Treasurers Report – Shannon presented the Financial Reports and they will be filed for audit.
1. Membership – Diana reported: 28 - 3 yr. Adults, 76 – 1 yr. Adults, 4 Lifetime for a total of 108 Adult voting members. 23 Youth.
2. Youth – Joyce is planning a Showmanship and In Hand clinic in conjunction with Shannon. Details to follow.
3. Spring Horse Show – March 29-Apr. 1, 2018: Margaret reported we need an announcer for Sport Horse and Dressage since Leslie is not available.
4. Fall Horse Show/HH2H Oct. 1 – Shannon reported there is still outstanding activity on the Fall Show and she hopes to have a final report for December. Discussion on an exhibitor that did not pay for their entries at the show and has been suspended. The exhibitor wanted permission to make payments rather than pay the full amount due now. The Board decided unanimously that the entries must be paid in full now in order for the suspension to be lifted. Another exhibitor whose check was not signed has taken care of that and suspension will be removed once the check clears.
5. Programs – Kathy – None till 2018.
6. Newsletter – Maria Kemnitz: email@example.com Maria is disappointed that it takes Steve a week or more to post the newsletter once it is approved.
7. Website/Facebook – Debbie to ask Steve to get estimates on software cost for a new website for 2018 budget.
8. BBQ – Diana - next 2018.
9. Christmas Party - Lynne: Dec. 9th Glen Oaks Community Center. Caterer’s contract and invoice for the deposit was given to Shannon.
10. By-Laws/Historian – Leslie – Maria is retyping the approved revision of the By-laws.
Elections: Leslie reported needing nominations for Dec. 9, 2017 elections for the Board and Delegates. Those wishing to be nominated should notify Leslie ASAP. Candidates for delegate (eligible for 4 plus alternates), must have letters of intent to Maria by Nov. 21 for inclusion in the Nov/Dec. Newsletter.
Leslie reported AHA Convention is Nov. 15 – 19 in Denver. We discussed a couple of resolutions for opinions.
Kathy brought it to the Board’s attention that the Half Arabian Club is requesting approval of a Region 1 & 2 Show in January. After discussion the decision was it would negatively affect attendance at our March Show. The Board voted unanimously to disapprove. Debbie to write to Regional Director, Mimi Gaffey with our decision.
Old Business: None.
Announcements: Next Board meeting will be Wed., December 6, 7pm, Green Acres
Adjournment: A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Diana Bein, second by Lynn Chevallier.
Leslie Smith, RCAHA Secretary