February 7, 2018
The meeting was called to order at 7:07 by Debbie Moss, club President.
Present: President, Debbie Moss; Vice-President, Katherine Rich-Elzig; Secretary, Joyce Alford; Directors, Lynne Chevallier, Diana Bein, Gayle Reveron, and Margaret Rich; and Delegates, Leslie Smith and Kathy Callahan-Smith. Excused: Treasurer Shannon Gowey
The Minutes of the January meeting were read by Katherine Rich-Elzig. A motion to accept the minutes was made by Diana Bein, seconded by Margaret Rich and approved, with corrections, by the Board.
Treasurers Report – Debbie Moss and Leslie Smith with meet with Shannon on Sunday at 1:00 pm to discuss the budget reports.
- Membership – Leslie reported: 30 – 3 yr. Adults, 73 – 1 yr. Adults, 4 Lifetime for a total of 107 Adult voting members and 21 Youth members.
- Youth – Joyce reported that Youth meetings will be held on the first Saturday of each month at 3:00 pm at Green Acres Ranch.
- Spring Horse Show – (March 29 – April 1, 2018): Premiums have been printed. Leslie will email updated sponsors form to Margaret.
- Fall Horse Show/HH2H – No report
- Programs – Suspended until further notice. Kathy will facilitate, if needed.
- Newsletter – Maria Kemnitz: firstname.lastname@example.orgNo report.
- Website/Facebook – Due to the outdated and fragmented current state of the website, it was suggested that a new website be built. Margaret will check with Jessica about possibilities on creating a new website, and Joyce will check with her son, Christopher, about students that would be capable of doing the same.
- BBQ – Diana – (July 14th, 2018): Diana has a scheduling conflict this year and will not be able to attend.Joyce will assist with chairing the event in her place this year.
- Christmas Party (Dec. 8th, 2018) – Lynne : Need a check for the $25.00 deposit at Glen Oaks to reserve date.
- By-Laws/Historian – Leslie: No report
Old Business: None
Correspondence: Received a “Thank you” program from AHA for the club sponsorship of the Distance Horse National Championship.
Announcements: Next board meeting will be Wed., March 7th, 7 PM at Green Acres.
Adjournment: A motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:30 pm was made by Diana Bein, and seconded by Katherine Rich-Elzig.
Joyce Alford, RCAHA Secretary